DefyUs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DefyUs

Uniquity at its finest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recruitment Revamp

+6
Daz
Natsumi
Fennekin
Light
Lord Jashin
Nephilim
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recruitment Revamp Empty Recruitment Revamp Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Nephilim

Nephilim
Admin

So, during the meeting, we decided to revamp our current recruitment system, and as such we need your guys' feedback to do it successfully.

-How do you feel about the application being divided into three groups? (Ingame, GFX, Social)
-Do you feel we should enforce a minimum requirement?
-How do you feel about our evaluation period? Is it too long or too short?
-What types of questions should be asked on the Ingamer application?
-What types of questions should be asked on the GFXer application?
-What types of questions should be asked on the Social application?

Along with these changes, Silver and I (with the help of Whitney), came up with a proposition for how members can lend their voice for applications:

Each "department" (Ingamer, GFXer, Social) will have its own section in a forum for applications. Applications from each department will be posted in the proper section, to allow members in that department to give a better say. We'll set a limit on feedback posts, but make it so an application cannot be accepted/declined until that limit is reached (That way we get 100% get the feedback required) Then, after that, the Captains and Leaders give the final votes on them, and their fate is decided.

So, let's have some feedback on that concept as well, please and thank you.

https://defyus.forumotion.net

2Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Lord Jashin

Lord Jashin

1. Yes, they should be split up.
2. Yes, a minimum of lvl 31 and at least +24. If you're not at least sannin you're missing half the characters.
3. It's perfect since members have a say now, it'll need more time for evaluation.
4. Same as before just with war questions added.
5. Keep
6. Keep

My opinions

3Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Light

Light

I made what i think it should be in member projects
here

http://www.naruto-boards.com/profile/whitenexus/

4Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:22 am

Fennekin

Fennekin

-How do you feel about the application being divided into three groups? (Ingame, GFX, Social): At this point in time, social apps aren't necessary. They should be removed. But nonetheless, keeping in-gamers and GFX'ers separate is a good idea.
-Do you feel we should enforce a minimum requirement?: Yes. And while it shouldn't be too hard, it shouldn't be something that everyone can reach. HL 41 and/or HS +25 seems fair to me. GFX'ers don't really have a stat requirement, but it's dependant on how their gfx is.
-How do you feel about our evaluation period? Is it too long or too short?: It's fine. We don't need to overcomplicate things by making evaluations last a while. Though it could be extended to a week or two.
-What types of questions should be asked on the Ingamer application?: Which category are you most proficient in? (Streaking, Laddering, or Warring)
-What types of questions should be asked on the GFXer application?: Which category are you most proficient in? (Avatars/icons, sigs, backgrounds, must give examples of any category they list.) (that question could probably be reworded to make a little more sense)
-What types of questions should be asked on the Social application?: There should be no social apps.

Also, first thing that should happen: people should not be posting in the recruitment thread if they are not an applicant or a captain/leader. Just doesn't look very good, and we really don't need these miscellaneous posts getting in the way. There's a handful of this, so I don't want it to get out of hand.

http://x-mozillafennekin.tumblr.com

5Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 am

Natsumi

Natsumi

-How do you feel about the application being divided into three groups? ✓

-Do you feel we should enforce a minimum requirement? ✓
a)Spike and Fen no more about it than I do but I think the in-gamer captain should still test them in case they do see anything positive out of the applicant.
b)For designers, we could try having them post whatever pieces they're proud of (or showcase) and 1-2 pieces (avatars, icons, signatures, etc.) that having something to deal with/for Defiance. That way, it shows that they're putting in effort for the application. Hope that makes sense.

-How do you feel about our evaluation period? ✓ Is it too long or too short? Minimum 2 days, from my view. But I would like an in-forum section for the whole clan to look at the participants and vote. If the captains and leaders like them but the rest of the members don't, that wouldn't work well.
a) In-game: 2->
b) Design: 2->4
c) Social: 1->2

-What types of questions should be asked on the Ingamer application? ✗

-What types of questions should be asked on the GFXer application? Similar to what I said before: provide pieces that they're proud of (or showcase) and provide 1-2 pieces with defiance text, symbol, representation, or whaaateever.

-What types of questions should be asked on the Social application? You could give a direct invite in place of social application. But idk. Clan leader's choice!

6Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Daz

Daz

-How do you feel about the application being divided into three groups? (Ingame, GFX, Social)

I'm happy with it.

Yes, for both the in game and social applications. Not sure about the GFX though.

It's a great amount of time.

Same as before.

Ask if they have a showcase, how much work they've produced, what they usually do (as in avys, sigs, icons, banners etc.) and definitely what they think is their best work.

What parts of NB they have posted on/explored the most.

7Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Xain

How do you feel about the application being divided into three groups? (Ingame, GFX, Social)
That's fine. But as Lux stated I don't think we need the social application anymore as we do have a lot of socialites in our clan right now.
M'hmm. Definite yes.
It's fine.
How confident they are in playing wars.
If they are experienced in wars. ( Maybe ask for most players taken out )
How long they've been GFX-ing.
Ask whether they do avy's/icons/sigs/banner/etc XD
Hmmm. I dunno tbh XD

8Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Kawaii

Yes to this

The minimum requirement for what? I hope when you guys say level 41 and minimum streak of +25 you guys mean for in-gaming. Because that's setting the bar a little too high. The reason why most clans have been dying out is because they set their chest too high. Yes there should be minimum requirement but it shouldn't be as high as level 41. Defiance has grown because it's requirements weren't that elevated. But come on the clan shouldn't be aiming that high because only a small percent of the clan even meet those requirements. Honestly if level 41 and a streak of +25 is needed just to join. What would that say about the people in the clan already that don't meet those requirements?

The bare minimum to join Defiance should be a highest level of 31 and streak of maybe 15. From there we can begin to build and progressively set the bar higher.

A little too long for an evaluation period. During the meeting I didn't really get to get much words in because of people constantly bickering. The evaluation period should be at least 3 days minimum. Having 5 days for an evaluation seems a little over the top. So I guess 3-5 days max or people will slowly lose interest if they see their application is going no where. It's common sense.

No additional comments except how often they streak.

Most GFXers don't really GFX for the clan. When they apply they might put a GFXer application when in reality they'll probably just hustle the clan for xats. Questions should be asked such as how often they gfx, are they willing to gfx for the clan, and if their up to the task of improving the clan's gfxing skills.

As stated in the meeting. Anyone can be social, but to be a true social member you have to be extremely positive, friendly, and delightful. Questions should be added based on the applicants' people skills and social soft skills.

9Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Hokage

Hokage

I think having three groups is fine and strongly believe that the social group shouldn't be abolished. Sure we have a large number of social members but we shouldn't close our doors to them. I'd have to agree that we are too lenient and as the Captains+ were solely previously deciding who enters the clan, they were too lenient. We literally except anyone who's friendly and is active on xat for a couple of days. These days, I personally would be looking for members who are always active on xat, post on the forum, thread and actively recruit. More emphasis should be placed in the short summary of the app.

This really ties in the next question, too lazy to edit. I think that the in-game reqs, at our standards, are too low. We should increase it to Level 36 and the streak to at least 25.

I wonder if the gfx app really needs a lvl and streak question? Especially since the 'artisitic genius' section say 'There are no ingame requirements for GFXers'. As we're really just judging their gfx. That being said, I think we should also highlight that if you fit into both gfx and in-game categories then you should fill out both apps. Regarding that paragraph, it also says. ' From there you will be given a small test by our GFX captain. ' this never happens? So remove it?

See above

It's fine, if members are not willing to wait this period, then it's really an instant no.

All apps should have a 'Why did you leave you clan (s) question'

In-game stuff should be removed.

-----------------------
I'd like to use this opportunity to state some additional concerns/opinions.

As members have a greater say in these apps, it's important that we still all remain unbiased, though even saying that, the Capts+ should really have the largest influence in the voting - only using member feedback as more of a guide than anything else.

I think that it should be highlighted on the thread (it isn't now I think) that you should be allowed to apply for both the in-game and gfx roles - as you may be both, but if your social only use the social app. Don't use the social app injunction with any other app.

The rec thread (and main while I'm here) need to be updated. Even before the meeting they were not updated. I feel like the mass ingame recruitment should now be removed? And more importantly, 'the current leaders' handling rec should be updated and changed. Alex, Lauren and Jackie should be removed.

More importantly, I wanted to introduce a new trial period. I.e after being accepted into Defiance you are still evaluated for productivity and activity. This will allow members to show their true colours as many members who join the clan after applying disappear, literally. I'm not sure on the duration of this period, two weeks? A month? After this period though, if they are to our standards they should be fully accepted into the clan; i.e 'joined Defiance'. Or if not, kicked, with no hesitation.

I'd definitely appreciate some thoughts/criticism on these ideas, especially from the Capts+ - during these times, it would be great seeing you guys participating as it makes us feel that we're taking part in the maintenance of the clan.[/b]

@The Idea
Tbh, I don't think we should really have 'departments' in the respect that we create different sections and have certain people voting for individuals - if that was the idea. There's really too much faffing about. I'd be much more practical, if a topic of that individual was made in a new section, and everyone would voice their input. I understand that our current gfxers would be able to give a greater input on the gfx of a gfx applicant? But what about if someone who isn't a gfxer wanted to provide input that maybe a game changer for the applicant, i.e he's a hopper, ripped them, not his acc, you can critic gfx without being a gfxer? Extreme I know, but I really don't think individual departments are needed- too much work for no reason. If you have the feeling that many people are going to post for no reason (not giving good feedback) then make a general rule that you should post if it's necessary.

That's my two cents.

10Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Fennekin

Fennekin

Hokage wrote:More importantly, I wanted to introduce a new trial period. I.e after being accepted into Defiance you are still evaluated for productivity and activity. This will allow members to show their true colours as many members who join the clan after applying disappear, literally. I'm not sure on the duration of this period, two weeks? A month? After this period though, if they are to our standards they should be fully accepted into the clan; i.e 'joined Defiance'. Or if not, kicked, with no hesitation.

Yeah, this is something we did (and they probably still do it) in LR. We would accept them if they met the requirements, but give them limited access to the forums and wouldn't let them in wars/internals unless we really needed them. This lasted for a minimum of two weeks (if we liked them enough), and a maximum of 4-6 weeks (if they were inactive). People that were doing well and didn't cause any problems got to be a full-time member, and those that weren't very active or were being shitdicks got kicked, and this was voted on by any available captains or leaders. I like the system that we had and, as far as I'm concerned, it didn't cause any problems (besides a lack of communication at one moment), so I don't see why this wouldn't work here.

http://x-mozillafennekin.tumblr.com

11Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:25 am

Nephilim

Nephilim
Admin

I remember doing that trial period in LR as well, and it worked out just fine. I have no problem introducing a two week trial phase into our recruitment process. When I make the topic to finalize our applications, I will be sure to include this on it to get everyone's feedback. But where I stand now, I'm 100% for it.

https://defyus.forumotion.net

12Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Light

Light

Nephilim wrote:I remember doing that trial period in LR as well, and it worked out just fine. I have no problem introducing a two week trial phase into our recruitment process. When I make the topic to finalize our applications, I will be sure to include this on it to get everyone's feedback. But where I stand now, I'm 100% for it.
I can see that as  good idea to reduce the number of hoppers that would apply seeing that they would have to wait two weeks to do so Very Happy with that i second the two weeks trial but not as firm as james though 98.3% because it might scare some people to have to wait that long to get into a clan pale but maybe those arent the loyal ones but yeah that's where i stand on the matter....James did you check the apps i made Embarassed

http://www.naruto-boards.com/profile/whitenexus/

13Recruitment Revamp Empty Re: Recruitment Revamp Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:56 am

Dim

Dim

I came too late, but anyway :

Fine with this, though i don't think it'll be a bad idea if we ditch out Social anytime soon. (unles someone very special lul)
Yes the standart 31/+25 is fine imo.
A week at most is more than enough. It should all depend on whether the XX applicant has enough votes.
List your alt accounts:
Stats:
Previous clans:
How are you going to contribute to the clan:
What would u consider yourself to be ? Warer? Streaker? Good at Pbing?

Show 5 examples of SIGNATURES!!! (on a fucking serious note ditch anything realated to testing and applying that includes avatars and banners and shit like that. It's the signatures where it shows how good in gfx a person is). If the examples are not enough make 3 signatures. I think we got enough gfxers to allow ourselfs to be a bit more strict on this one.

What are your past clans:
How do you handle situiations in which you're being cornered for being useless in the clan:
How do you handle clan dramas:
How do you feel you're going to help the clan in your aspect

I also like the revamp on divided sections per applicant. Nice nice!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum